Steven J. Peiffle
E-mail MeSteven J. Peiffle
Steven J. Peiffle is a seasoned lawyer with over 30 years of experience. His primary practice areas are municipal law, estate planning and probate, business and corporate law, real estate, and general litigation. In 2008 and 2009, Steve was named a "Super Lawyer" by Washington Law & Politics magazine. Only five percent of the lawyers in the state are named as "Super Lawyers". Steve has also received the AV* Preeminent Peer Review rating by Martindale-Hubbell.
Steve graduated from the University of Washington School of Law in 1984. Steve graduated with high honors in 1981 from Valparaiso University, Valparaiso, Indiana, where he received a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with concentration in finance and was a Christ College Scholar.
Steve is admitted to practice before the Washington State Bar, the United States District Court for Western Washington, the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals, and the Tulalip Tribal Court. Steve has been very active in local, state and national bar association activities as well. He is the past president of the Snohomish County Bar Association (1992-1993), and currently a member of the Real Property, Probate and Trust and Business Law sections of the Washington State Bar Association. Steve served on the Washington State Bar Association's Young Lawyers Division (WYLD) Board of Trustees from 1988 to 1991, served thereafter on the Editorial Advisory Board of the award-winning WYLD publication, De Novo, and was the Chairman of the WYLD's Long Range Planning Committee. He served on the Editorial Advisory Board of the American Bar Association publication Barrister from 1989 to 1990. In 1990, Steve was the recipient of the Thomas Neville Pro Bono Award from the Washington Young Lawyers Division.
Steve has been active in the Arlington community. He previously served on the Board of Directors of Housing Hope, a nonprofit agency focusing on homelessness issues. Steve has been an executive board member of the Citizens Committee for Arlington Schools. In 2007 he served as the speaker's bureau chair of the Friends of Cascade Valley Hospital. He is the past president of the Arlington Chamber of Commerce and currently serves on the Arlington/Smokey Point Chamber of Commerce board. Steve is also the past president of the Arlington Kiwanis Club, and Our Saviour's Lutheran Church.
Steve is an avid runner, basketball player, skier, hockey fan and geocacher. Born in Waukegan, IL, he secretly still roots for the Chicago Cubs. He has two adult sons.
Areas of Practice
- 25% Municipal Law
- Washington, 1984
- U.S. District Court Western District of Washington, 1984
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- University of Washington School of Law, Seattle, Washington
- Valparaiso Univ., Valparaiso, Indiana
- Major: Business Administration
- City of Arlington
- Fitness for Duty Evaluations, 2008 Foster Pepper PLLC Civil Service Conference, 2008 - Present
Honors and Awards
- Designated "Super Lawyer", WA Law & Politics, 2008 - 2009
- Citizen of the Year, January 1, 2008 - December 31, 2008
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Arlington-Smokey Point Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors
- Arlington School, Executive Board Member, Citizens Committee
- Arlington Chamber of Commerce, Past President, 1986 - 1987
- Arlington Kiwanis Club, Past President, 1988 - 1989
- Our Saviour's Lutheran Church, Past President, 1995 - 1999
- Snohomish County Bar Association, Past President, 1992 - 1993
- Washington Bar Association, Land Use and Environmental Law Sections, Member
- Washington State Bar Association, Law Practice Management and Technology Sections, Member
- Washington State Bar Association's Young Lawyers Division (WYLD), Board of Trustee, 1988 - 1991
- De Novo, WYLD Publication, Editorial Advisory Board
- WYLD, Chairman, Long Range Planning Committee, 1991 - 1992
- Barrister, American Bar Association Publication, Editorial Advisory Board, 1989 - 1990
*AV Preeminent is a certification mark of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories - legal ability and general ethical standards.